Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Family Mediator

My mom and dad got into a fight.

But they were very civil about it. My dad called me up and told me he went for a walk. My mom returned to the kitchen to cook for a party.

I gave my mom a kiss on the cheek and told her that she was a bit harsh on dad. She agreed, but went back to her cooking.

I hopped in my truck and found my dad walking around the neighborhood. I gestured for him to get into my car and he complied. I asked how he was doing and he explained to me why he was upset with out hesitation. I drove to Lucky's to pick up something for my mom while my dad vented. I explained that mom was just being prideful and that he shouldn't let it bother him.

Before I left my house later that day, my dad came into my room to give me a hug. "Thanks Christopher..."

Well of course.
My family is silly.

No comments: