Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Following Boys with Big Cameras

February 26:

Jimmy and Wirfs decided to explore downtown with their large equipment.  I just tagged along and soon discovered that they wanted to use me as their subject.

Once again, I was not prepared.

For some reason, I have no desire to own my own SLR... I guess the multiple features and functions overwhelm me when all I want to do is capture the moment because it goes away.

Eventually or probably now, they have cameras close to SLR quality and that's good enough for me.  Plus I think it's such a waste for me to possess something so expensive and not use it to it's full potential.


Please see Jimmy's finished products HERE and HERE.

I like this one because it looks like I'm in Vietnam again.



Wirfs!  Where are yours?

==

Afterward, we got to visit Wirf's humble abode where he showed pictures and told stories of past loves and travel adventures.  It's interesting how much I don't know about my friends.  For the 20 minutes that I was in his bedroom listening to him talk, excited to have guests over, I had learned more about him than the months I've known him while he attended my parties.

That's what I need to do more of... actually follow through with people I meet.  (Make new friends and connections.)  I may know a lot of people... but in general it's hard to really get to know them.




1 comment:

thwany said...

love that ladder shot.