Sunday, May 31, 2009

Children waiting for the day they feel good, happy birthday. Happy Birthday.

This year, I wanted a modest birthday to compensate for my reckless one last year. I didn't want to have a, "hey look at me, celebrate me, love me, I am special - day" because I'm not special.

I turned off the facebook birthday reminder so that my wall would be free from messages and even though my birthday landed on a Saturday, I didn't plan anything.

Heh and maybe that wasn't such a good idea: reminding myself of my mediocrity on a day that I'm supposed to feel somewhat higher than usual... didn't really do much but make me feel shitty.

==

But that's not to say I had a bad birthday; on the contrary! Folks wished me a happy a birthday, I had a great Lunch with my family and my boys made me awesome things for my room before falling asleep from exhaustion because they stayed up hours working on the projects!! (they are so cute). ^.^ Oh and MoaNy who partied harder than me the day before was hung over. tragic

And a new tradition has been started: Sangria on your birthday is a must.

But I realize that you shouldn't let your birthday pass you by without saying anything. I am not an old man who lives alone with a cat. I am in my 20's and I need to celebrate my youth BEFORE I become that old man with a cat.

So to compensate for this year, I have decided that my 25th birthday is going to be larger than life. I should start planning now.

Thank you everyone who wished me a happy birthday! :] Cheers to that.

3 comments:

S said...

Happy late birthday! Cheers to many, many more!

Sangria's look delicious.

Anh said...

i should've called! i am just a bad loavh! :/ sangrias are so pretty! i wish i could drink them!

Luuworld said...

happy b-day!

hope you have a wonderful year!