Thursday, October 18, 2007

Voice

Yesterday, I realized how important voice is to me in how I find someone attractive.

Around 7:50pm I called ING Direct about my account and I was immediately assisted by the most charming voice ever. By merely talking to him, I was able to develop a profile.

Young, around my age and very polite & patient even though it was the end of the day. Dark hair and about two inches taller than me. He had no accents so I assumed he was an all American boy who played sports. He worked so that he could make money for the car of his dreams. By his tone, I could tell he was family oriented and very close to his mom, but still very masculine and plays baseball with his dad.

The conversation wasn't that smooth because I was astounded at how adorable he sounded. Not like baby cute, but datable and sexy. Not deep and dirty, but honest and eloquent. Mid range, clean and perfect.

It was a breath of fresh air from the usual phone help: foreign, ghetto, scripted. He seemed to know exactly what to say to make me swoon. "Your account number is 743..." with every number I smiled wider, I was tickled by his charm. The most mundane instructions became so interesting, "just go to our website at..." I was hypnotized.

I debated whether to tell him that I liked his voice... he's about to hang up, I should say something! I should say, "I just wanted to let you know, that I think you have a nice voice..." But my shyness got to me even though we were strangers connected by a phone line. Suddenly he says, "I noticed you're not signed up for our..." As if he wanted to stay on the line with me. I responded back, "actually funny you mentioned that, I was about to sign up!" I was goofy and tried hard to sound equally attractive, but probably came off crazy. "well, I can actually set that up for you right now, if you'd like." "Well if you want...that would be great," I tried to smile with my tones. I found myself KIND OF of flirting with him by being very pleasant and grateful for the service that he gets paid for. But I was obviously trying too hard.

When it was time to go, I said good bye with out sending a compliment. But I felt as if he liked me too. I should have said something, but in the end I was just another routine call.... I felt used. It was if we cuddled through conversation and I was left wanting more. I picked up the phone to call the service number again in hopes of getting the same guy. Ring ring.... 8:05, the office had closed.

Damn it.

2 comments:

dannie said...

did you ever get his name? intersting how your story is similar to mine, but different.

Tofu said...

lol this is like sex in the city or something