Friday, October 5, 2007

Better Living

I've been reflecting on things I want to improve about myself. And I've been doing an okay job.
Here are couple of things that I want to correct:

1. Skin - working on that, but the goal is by December. Any product recommendation for scarring?

2. Posture - I went to the VSA DVD screening and after watching myself I noticed that I have HORRIBLE posture! It worked for my character, but it looked so awful. I seem to slump my shoulders. But I'm trying to fix that by slapping my face and telling people to remind me stand straight.

3. Water - I love soda, this is really hard. I'm trying to drink the recommended 8 cups, but geez, that's a lot of water.

4. Teeth - I bought ACT that supposedly rebuilds enamel and I've been trying to wear my retainer, but I think I need my retainer adjusted. Too bad I am responsible for my own insurance now. BAH.

5. Money - After talking to everyone, I've got my first credit cards to build my credit and opened a savings with decent APY. Now I need to work on my IRA.

6. Career - Now that I'm here, I realize that this isn't what I want to do, but I'm stuck here for a year to save money and build my resume. I guess that's fair. And I'm enjoying my new San Jose life. :D. But new chapters await me.

7. Outlet - I realize that I'm an okay actor, an okay singer, an okay dancer. What makes me strong is that I do it. I don't get discouraged when I'm not the best. Well, I do, but I don't quit. And right now I need some sort of creative outlets, but I don't know where or how. I'm working on it, but it's really difficult post graduating. Maybe something at a community college? Volunteering? I don't want to mentor or tutor, because I should focus on my brother.

8. Fitness - Jane is a great gym buddy. Lately, she's been calling me to work out with her and she pushes me. I usually do 20 min on the elliptical, she made me do 40. 25lb weights? She tells me I can do 30! And we jabber on about our days so working out isn't painful. I'm working on my abs, chest, shoulder, back, and biceps so that I can be shirtless in public.

9. Diet - My metabolism is fucked up. They called me the human garbage disposal because I would eat anything. I hate wasting food! But now, if I eat a chip I can see a triangle raise on my side. Yuck. But I found these tips:

Here are 11 tips to help you boost your metabolism:
1.Build lean body mass. As we age our bodies metabolism or ability to burn calories decreases. One way to offset this problem is by exercising. Lean muscle burns calories and the more you have the more calories you burn, even while resting. You can build muscle through resistance or weight training at least twice a week. You can also boost your metabolism by doing cardio exercises. You can choose to do this between or in conjunction with weight training. Simply going for a walk or using the stairs instead of the elevator are good ways to get in an aerobic workout.

2.Eat Breakfast. Many people ignore eating breakfast. What they don't realize is that it's the most important meal of the day. Breakfast gives your metabolism a boost and provides a consistent energy supply throughout the day. The majority of people who eat a healthy breakfast have fewer weight and health issues than those who don't.

3.Sugar is bad. Processed and refined sugar such as found in sweets and soft drinks overload the body with sugar causing many serious health issues including obesity and diabetes. Complex carbohydrates are a better energy source because they supply an even level of blood sugar. The human body just isn't built to deal with the large amounts of refined sugar most people include in their diet.

4.Spicy foods that make you sweat can help boost your metabolism.

5.Get a good night's sleep. There is research that shows that people who do not get sufficient sleep tend to gain weight. This may be because the body uses sleep to heal and regenerate itself, including its muscular system.

6.Drink more water. Water is the lubricant of the body. It also flushes toxins out of the body and keeps the kidneys operating at maximum efficiency. This allows the liver more time to do what it does best, metabolize fat stores.

7.Eat small meals. Eat 5 to 6 small meals per day spaced 20 to 3 hours apart. This gives the body a steady supply of energy and prevents binge eating.

8.Don't miss meals. Skipping meals in order to loose weight is counter productive because it actually slow metabolism and can lead to over eating.

9.Plan your meals. If you have a daily or weekly menu you are much more likely to stick to your plan.

10.Drink green tea. Green tea has been shown to boost metabolism and unlike coffee does not stress the body with caffeine.

11.Include more high energy foods in your diet including fruits, vegetables and whole grains. These provide a more balanced energy source and will not cause blood sugar spikes.Boosting your metabolism can be done if you are dedicated to doing it. This does not mean you need to stress over each little thing but if you eat right and exercise you should see a decrease in body fat and a much more energetic and happy you.

Gemini Traits
Adaptable and versatile
Communicative and witty
Intellectual and eloquent
Youthful and lively
Nervous and tense
Superficial and inconsistent
Cunning and inquisitive

Moany said I was the wittiest person he knows right now. Am I really? His defintion is being quick and to able to think on my feet. Nice. I think cunning wit is important. The ones I agree with are in green.

1 comment:

dannie said...

for scars...try using egg whites for a mask about once a week, and see if that helps over a certain time period. the egg whites should whiten your skin and make the scars less noticeable. Or maybe the egg yolk mask...

check this entry out.
http://www.xanga.com/RiceBunny/594800722/egg-mask.html