Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Return to Sender

What a slap of reality.

I don't keep a lot to myself, my personal thoughts and opinions are pretty much public as you can see by this blog, but now I really understand why I should. Even the most delicate piece of information finds its way back to its source. Like a phone tree, the information is passed down exponentially, but the more delicate the information, the slimmer the tree as the connections are chosen carefully. Each link is justified, mature and rational and even though it's no longer exponential, it still comes full circle quicker than expected. Through good friends, lovers, best friends, past lovers, roommates; its like a game of telephone and in the end the message is a warped interpretation of the intention of the sender. It's more painful than a phone tree because each connection is carefully selected and stamped repeatedly with the letters T.R.U.S.T. by each person in line.

The more delicate the information, the bolder the letters are stamped. And when it inadvertently finds its way back to its sender, the original stamp is hidden under scrambled letters after being tagged so often. Everyone in line suffers because their letters have been shuffled. The only means of prevention and protection, is to stamp the letters, T.R.U.S.T. and send it to yourself. Only then will the letters remain bold, undamaged, and coherent.





But why would anyone want to send anything to themselves?

1 comment:

Wally said...

I sent a message to myself once. I wrote an email that was sent 1 yr later to my future self with this - http://www.futureme.org