Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Joshua Tree

Back in October, we went camping at Joshua Tree which is about 2.5 hours away from Echo Park.  We went on  hikes and fell asleep in the silence of nature.  It took me a while to post these because I lost about 100 pictures after misplacing my memory card, but I didn't want to procrastinate any further.

Below are from Jimmy's pictures with his edits. More scenic photos here.






I highly recommend the Black Rock Canyon camp ground.  The bathrooms were great and the sites were spacious.  We didn't need to pay National Park fees to camp there, but did so any way to go hiking.  Very entry level camping with drinking water etc and we reserved the spot two months in advance.

The hike to 29 Palms oasis was the most breathtaking.  A real oasis with running water sits in the middle of the desert.  It was an amazing sight and the perfect lunch break spot.  It made the trip worthwhile.

Joshua Tree national park feels like another planet with strange trees and numerous rocks in various shapes.  The temperature was different and so were the sounds.  I felt like I had escaped human life all together.

At night we were able to do some light photography:


Luckily we were with camping experts and had great campfire meals with sausages, potatoes, pancakes.  And I made good use of a camel back water storing back pack that I originally bought unused at a garage sale for alcoholic purposes.

This entry closes October 2011.  November/December left to go!

No comments: