Thursday, January 15, 2015

Hello 2015

This is the photo that I accidentally sent my coworker with the caption, "i love you."  It was meant for Jimmy.  I was mortified.  I'm still recovering from the flu and I was feeling whiney so I sent these unattractive photos to Jimmy to entertain myself.  

For a long time I felt invincible to illness.  Defeated only to digestive problems, but I blamed that on my aging body.  In terms of not catching viruses and infections I thought I was golden and protected by emergenC.  Not so much any more.

I experienced cold sweat that drenched my shirt so much that I had to change it in the middle of the night and paranoia from parking on the wrong side of the street for street cleaning that I emerged from my bed at 3AM to move it rather then wait for my alarm at 7:50AM giving me 10 minute buffer before tickets are given out.

I have this work assignment that's floating above my head: describe a time where you deviated from the company culture.  I stare blankly at this question on my self review.  Why is this so hard to answer?

2014 welcomed me with an eye infection.  2015 welcomed me with a flu and very first world problems like waiting in line for an hour for my iPhone 6.  Which by the way isn't that much better than the iPhone 4s that I've had and taken care for 2 years.

So what am I looking forward to in 2015?
- My cousin's wedding in Hawaii
- Possibly going to Vietnam in June while Huan is there
- Maybe going to Greece because Jimmy wants to go so badly

...and that's it.  What a simple life I have as a gay Asian with little to aspire to because I'm just that happy with everything I have in my life.

Oh!  I also achieved the Yelp! Gold badge this year.  God, the good news complacency keeps coming.  How about this one: the IRS lost a document that will probably cost me a couple thousands of dollars.  yeah.

 

No comments: