Monday, March 24, 2014
I've discovered that I've become impatient with people who lack the specific logic that I possess. I used to be so patient. I'm uninspired by people because there isn't anyone who I really look up to. No close gaysian friends who are married. Though it's basically like being a part of the first Senior Class at a brand new high school... "we're allowed to marry now... um... I guess we're the first ones. Good luck everyone."
I'm feeling old as I interact with younger millennials in various atmospheres. The snapchat generation, the #yolo generation. I don't understand you. I don't understand why I complain so much about you. But I know that you're children...
There have been projects that I've just brushed aside. New light fixture? New photo board? new furniture? New wardrobe? New skin regimen? New work out plan? The things that I would invest in that would be considered a "life upgrade" are afterthoughts.
I feel creepy trying to dance to songs that don't have any meaning to me. I feel like I should have partied harder when I was younger when I had the right attitude. Everything was still new and exciting.
How do these gays in Neverland do it?
- Party all night
- Drink all day
- Sleeping around the circle
Workout so much to preserve their bodies... but don't their minds age? I wonder if I would be a Lost Boy in Neverland if I was single. Or would I be complaining about the Lost Boys of Neverland after every failed date and generalize and complain about the community.
Anyway. Let's start over 2014.
Let's start 2014 with Q2. April. And this is what I'll accomplish:
- Waking up early to swim... and taking a selfie to prove it every day.
... okay, let's just start there for now.
...and maybe I'll fix my bike for CicLAvia
Almost missed the second annual Holi Festival in Norwalk. Last year was amazing and I was hoping to experience the same this year. But something about Jimmy not being able to go made it a little empty. Plus, I've already experienced Holi so the novelty wore off. What a debbie downer. Next year I'm thinking about going in the later afternoon, the energy and light will be a little different.
I love going through pictures from photographers who brave the colors and bring their DSLRs.
When people ask about this event they say.. Oh the running thing... Yeah sure. The Color Run. Except without the running and with food, music and dancing.. aka... the festival the Color Run was based off of. I've mentioned this before, but people gotta look up the origin of things.
My favorite pictures from instagram (credit in the file name). Lots of hands!
And this is us:
Purple is the harshest color. The boys had a good time. When we took a shower, colors covered the drain like Carrie.
Saturday, March 1, 2014
|Me... at Guisados|
February... what I remember about February is captured in a couple of snags. I'm saving a separate blog entry for my Portland Seattle trip.
|Resourceful reflector... a perfect headslot|
What do you do when you live in an attic space? You have movie nights and project Frozen and Beyonce music videos on your slanted walls. MORE MOVIE NIGHTS!
EATING OUT FEBRUARY
- Grimaldi's - Lots of garlic and lots of sausage is my pizza topping jam. Don't need to go to New York any more!
- Hoy-ka - I got a message on yelp! That my favorite boat noodle place moved. I was worried that prices would go up since they moved to a location with more traffic. Nope. Still under $6 for an amazing spicy bowl of Thai Boat Noodle.
- PATAO Homemade Ice Cream and Pork Belly - My friend is crazy talented. No sous chef either.
- Folliero’s Italian Food and Pizza - Mmmm really affordable Italian food. That's what I like!
- Overpriced West side food - A giant chicken pot pie for like $20.. really?
- Boiling Point - Valentines tradition!
- Simpang Asia - So good. So cheap. Indonesian food.. but on the West. Gasp.
- Versailles Restaurant - That Cuban chain with that moist chicken. Yummzers