Sunday, September 7, 2014

Eating Out July



July wasn't the best month for food... or at least food documentation.  This is all I found in my cameras.  To compensate I added a little more flavor to my food listings.  Happy eating!

Rock 'N Fish (Manhattan Beach) - When Mony visited I wanted to show him the beach life in LA so I took him to Manhattan Beach.  "It's so white," he declared.  I completely forgot how the percentage of PoCs dropped in this area.  And so does flavoring your food.  VERY overpriced large fish stick and bland, "spicy mac and cheese."  As spicy as my water.. we will be joking about this place for years.
The Bossy Wife (West Hollywood) - We were in the area, why not?  Pretty pricey, but it matched the neighborhood.  I like that this option is available here, but I wouldn't return.  Breakfast and Indomie.
Pa Ord (Thai Town) - A local favorite.  #5 - Tom Yum noodles with pork spare rib and the best crispy pork belly ever.
Tatsu Ramen (Sawtelle) - Though the ramen was one dimensional for my food buddies, my "Naked Ramen was on point.  I'd get this again.
Escala (Ktown) - I blogged about this place.  All about the vibes.
Tatsu Ramen (Sawtelle) - Also got the buns.  It's aiight.
L.A. Chapter (DTLA @Ace Hotel) - It's a hotel restaurant.  But these dumplings were pretty good!
Bourbon Steak (Glendale) - Lobster Pot Pie.  It's a gimmick.  I'd rather go Chinese.
United Bread and Pastry (Silverlake) - This hidden Filipino Grocery and catering place is a hidden gem.  They are known for their Turons - "Filipino snack made of thinly sliced bananas and a slice of jackfruit, dusted with brown sugar, rolled in a spring roll wrapper and fried.  Heaven.  But here is a picture of giant plantains that I thought was amusing.  Places like these are going to be demolished in a few years.  It's sad.
Wexler's Deli (Grand Central Market - DTLA) - Over priced lox.  Yawn.
Cugurt (Los Feliz) - Our new go-to casual Mediterranean place.  Large portions, great flavor and price!

No comments: