Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Harvard and Stone

For my birthday this year I wrote down a list of things that I wanted to do before finally settling on doing a joint birthday which I will blog about later.  Last year was a birthday blitz - my rooftop birthday at Perch on Thursday, James' wine bar bash on Friday and Davids Abbey debauchery on Saturday.  The following Sunday I gathered the group to do a beach adventure.  This year David was out of town and James and I combined.  So that left some open days for me to do some smaller things.


I gathered my friends, Mony and Tim who were visiting for a dress up night; stopping by Harvard and Stone for some happy hour cocktails in East Hollywood.  We were early and took advantage of the setting to do some low light photo shoots.

We used our cell phone flash lights to produce extra lighting which worked for a few shots.  We didn't do this for long since it was quite annoying for other people.


There was a smaller bar in the back.  I took a stab at channeling RENT the musical.  LOL.  Most of the other pictures were pretty blurry.  Sad face.

There's also an upstairs that can be reserved for private parties.  But they charge a lot to reserve.  I felt like I celebrated my birthday here without going through the stress of reserving a table.  After a round, we were on our way to La Descarga which has a similar vibe.  To my surprise, both venues were holding burlesque shows.

I don't have any pictures from La Descarga, but it has always been on my to-do list to return to see a show.  Last time I was here was in 2010 on a weekday.  We were comfortable since it was an off night.  This year, it was crowded and cramped.  We enjoyed the burlesque show and bounced before we got too sweaty from the crowd.  Done and done!

No comments: