Monday, April 22, 2013

A Weekend in the East Bay

When ever I take a trip to the bay it's always to San Francisco or San Jose.  In February, we dedicated a weekend to East Bay!  I have to thank Jimmy for pushing me to visit my friends.  After all, they are celebrating a momentous occasion:  buying property in Oakland.

Chris and Eric fell asleep in the same position playing with their cats

I never understood cat people.  But congratulations on your new home!  I immediately helped them break into the new space by running to the toilet and using it... you're welcome.  Glad you had febreeze.  I also enjoyed watching them frantically prepare for their party and yelling at each other when a bottle of fish sauce broke in the kitchen.  Nothing smells like new home like fish.

Lots of smells here.







We spent the day in Berkeley exploring the Piedmont shops, Indian Rock and the Marina.   That pier stretches all the way to San Francisco.  Yes, you can walk from Berkeley to SF in one hour ... ... ... ...


And I finally ate at La Note.  I was in Berkeley for school and never ate there.




La Note is a cute French restaurant.  T'was a lovely date.
I enjoyed checking out new restaurants and business pop up near UC Berkeley.


Particularly the remnants of the old building the burnt down on Telegraph.  My favorite noodle house was spared... but it looks like it's a different restaurant now.

The housewarming party was great!  Tons of food!  I was a game hog and played Dance Central for hours.  God, I'm in love with that game.  Check me and Mony out!

While chatting with Joe, we noticed two homeless people getting it on in the alley towards the evening.  Our friend started to yell at them to go away.  "You guys have to shoo them away, soon they'll bring their horny homeless friends and you have a drug and sex orgy alley problem."  #Oakland

XCIX

The boys are back, enjoying the sun on Eric's $2000 high grade astro turf.  And for some reason, Joe really isn't Asian... we can't blame the sun for those slanted eyes.


No comments: