Friday, October 5, 2012

August Recap


I knew that 2012 would be a transitional year for me.  I finally left my agency after 3 years.  It was time to leave, but it was hard since at that point a lot of people looked up to me.  I was a leader and well respected.  There were only 3 other people on my account that stayed as long as me, but we all knew that one by one we would move on to something bigger.  

Agency life was such an opportunity to learn and grow and do cool things with cool people.  A month after being gone I'm jealous of the things I missed out on - meeting Walking Dead cast, Zip Lining on Catalina Island... etc., but I had 3 full years of these perks and I felt so stagnant that I had to move on for my sanity.



I was able to squeeze in a couple of interesting things.  Like watching a UFC fight live at the Staple center.  Something I would never pay for our of my own pocket.  Wow.. homoerotic.   I enjoyed watching a guy inadvertently jab his thumb into his opponent's eye causing him to blood tears and forfeit the match.  


This summer we didn't BBQ enough because my patio was under construction... correction, it was torn out because it didn't meat code.  Luckily Ern closed August with a very chill BBQ at his place.





September started right with a trip to Leimert Park which has always been on my to-do list as one of the most culturally rich neighborhoods in LA.  We enjoyed some amazing Jamaican food for lunch and absorb the sights and sounds of the African Art and Music festival.



Oh boy, we're not in hipsterville no mo'.


No comments: