Monday, June 25, 2012

The Cruise

Last Wednesday I got a text to check out Gay For Good's first summer social event at Moonlight Rollerway.  It was Rainbow Skate / LGBT Night, which I've attended before.  I was prepared with long socks and a flashy tanktop.  Little did I know, there was going to be a performance by Trey Knight and Mario Diaz that rocked my world.  If I had known, I would have brought extra undies.

We were asked to clear the rink and suddenly emerged a biker and a sailor on wheels preparing to perform an intricate routine that would win the gay olympics in the couples disco skate category.



I discovered that the same routine was performed during Ryan Heffington's 2nd Annual Sweat Spot Recital that I unfortunately missed.  But I was so thrilled that I caught this piece from the side lines cheering these scruffy men as they perform "The Cruise." 


There were crazy lifts, tricks and stripping and an emerging disco ball... I nearly fainted.



Watch a piece of it here:





Charles and I did a very similar routine.  While holding hands charles would lift one leg up as if he were soaring through the rink... until he fell over.  (Mobile quality)



It feels good to be gay and fabulous.


No comments: