Saturday, December 17, 2011

Case of the Ex - Timeline

Jimmy suggested that with the new Facebook Timeline I stalk people that I've previously dated.  Jimmy has weird humor, but I did...

Man... I can see where you've been, old wall posts, your "life events."  People seriously don't need to blog anymore because I can just get that snapshop of your life on your Facebook page.

Anyway, I found this on tumblr the other day:


Then I found this this morning:


Ryan, my first boyfriend when I was 17.  Seriously case of the ex up on his facebook.  I tried to delete these posts, but couldn't really figure out how, but I guess it doesn't hurt to have a reminder that once someone touches your life you tap in once in a while to check up.  Like once a year...or when you're weak.... or during the holidays.  And the other person can only ignore you because that's the best thing to do to wean you off  holding onto hindering memories.  Let go, let go, let go.

I can trace these dates to periods of my life
2006 - Facebook friended him
2007 - Broke up with college boyfriend of 3.5 years
2008 - Laid off from first job out of college, DUI other chaos.
2010 - Lonely

And why this guy?  Why not my college boyfriend?  Because Ryan was my first.

2011 is coming to a close and I didn't contact him once.  The reasons are obvious.  My life is stable, I wake up next to the man of my dreams every morning... I'm doing just fine.  In fact, I haven't even thought of him until Jimmy suggested it.

Thank you facebook for timeline - you make it really easy to see everything.... seriously everything about your life.

2 comments:

thwany said...

Fb is scary.

Alex C. said...

Amen!

~A

PS: Love the new timeline!