Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving with a Friend of 12 Years

It was the first year I missed Thanksgiving with my family, but luckily Alysia was also an orphan.  We made Thanksgiving lunch together with our friend Anand in west LA (yuck).  I told others about going to an "orphan dinner" this year and they thought I was volunteering.  No no... I don't volunteer silly.


Alysia is a chef we made the following from scratch:

  • Mashed Potatoes
  • Gravy
  • Apple Pie
  • Sweet Potato Casserole with brown sugar and oats
  • Dinner Rolls

We only bought a Turkey breast and Leg because it was only the three of us.  Cranberry sauced was canned and stuffing was boxed.



I've known Alysia for at least 12 years.  For 12 years I've gone to her house to eat her food.  Nothing will break tradition.  She was also the one that always urged me to move to LA.  My stomach is very thankful for that.

Each of these dishes required a stick of butter... mmmm American feast.

I'm thankful for the friends I've made, the family I have and the boyfriend that I live with.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: