Monday, August 29, 2011

Peace Awareness Labyrinth & Gardens

Peace Awareness Labyrinth & Gardens is a "day retreat" where people can relax in nature without leaving LA.

When Jimmy told me there was a labyrinth, I pictured tall hedges and an opportunity to get lost in a maze.  The labyrinth is actually a hand-carved stone pathway that you can walk to clear your thoughts.  The idea is that you enter with a dilemma, walk the labyrinth to the center then walk out with a solution.

I got "lost" in my thoughts so to speak, but I don't remember exactly what I was thinking about.  There are warning signs reminding you to exit the labyrinth if you overheat.  I have a feeling people were reluctant to leave the path until they have resolved their issues and have fainted during hot summer days.




There is also a meditation garden which I found to be very lovely and lush.



Here we are acting "tranquil"
Boyband pic

No comments: