Monday, August 15, 2011

Birthday BBQ

I turned 26 on May 30 and celebrated with a simple BBQ (on top of the dinner).  Though I needed a theme.  Since it was a little too last minute to make all my friends dress up like Jersey shore, I settled for Tanktops and Flamingos.

Why Flamingos?  Because that's what they had at the dollar store.  I sort of went crazy with flamingo plates, wall decorations, stirring sticks, blow up toys...


The BBQ was amazing with Jimmy's Korean tacos! :D



Vodka Melon
Birthday Creme puffs
Passionate Karaoke Up in here

It was a nice day to turn 26.


Relaxing
I like living in a space that I am willing to share.

I don't really have any reflections turning 26.  I feel like I'm where I'm supposed to be, doing interesting things, complaining less and just doing it.  Wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

==

Jimmy came into my room when the clock stuck midnight on my birthday and said, "I couldn't afford to buy you anything... but I made you something instead."

I jumped for joy.  "A mixtape?!"

"No... here, put it in your computer."

The DVD player started to launch.  Jimmy reached out to all my friends to make me a birthday wish video.  "That's why I wanted personal time.  I was rushing to get this done in time.  Everyone sent me different video formats!"

I couldn't stop smiling.  I have the best boyfriend in the world.

Below is the video:



I don't think I properly thanked everyone who submitted. But thank you for making this one of the best birthdays ever.  Though as I'm rewatching this... the ending is painful.  But I'm sure no one will get that far.

OH yes and Thank You Peter Fever (NSFW) for the birthday shout at at 15:45 of the video.  Wowzahssss

No comments: