Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I HATE ELLIPSES!!!

Seriously.

In work emails or Aim Convos, ellipsis at the end of sentences need to die.

Work:

I the files will be ready tomorrow....

Will it?! Why don't you end your fucking thought? Will it really be ready?!??! OMG!! Please reconfirm!!!!

I think that's a great idea......

Are you being sarcastic?!?!?!?! AHHHHH!!!!

AIM:
Me: I went up to him and licked my lips
Friend: ........

DUDE, call me creepy, don't let me try to read your mind. GOD.
Ellipsis = uncertainty. Caps = Yelling.

Could you imagine if folks combine the two?

I HAD SO MUCH FUN AT THE PARTY..........
Wait, so... did you? Is this my cue to ask you something?! Why are you yelling?!? STOP THE INSANITY!

7 comments:

thwany said...

omgosh you correspond with a lot of idiots

mich said...

hahahaha love this post. i also get scared when people use a lot of exclamation points. why are you shouting?? (!!!!!)

Will said...

Ack, I work with people who do this to. It's the most infuriating thing in the world.

Do you call them out on it?

I don't, but it is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

deejitaru said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
deejitaru said...

HAHA...

Matt Refghi said...

I also find this very difficult to digest. We had this one client that was sometimes slow to respond to questions on the phone. Whenever we received e-mails from him, he always had an abundance of ellipses. We had a (light-hearted) internal joke about how they simply represented his pauses, where his brain was "loading". He was a great client, that guy, despite his "ellipsisitis".

Anonymous said...

lol! I thought I was the only one. I work with some people who do that. I'm like, are you finishing a thought? being sarcastic? Got something else to say? Yeesh.