Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hello 2010

It's the Sunday before I go back to work and I'm eager to get back to reality. I anticipate a hundred fire drills that all need immediate attention and a late night in the office.

The later half of 2009 was very nice to me. And this was thanks to a handful of people who helped me find a path that I'm thrilled to be walking along.

I feel like many of us are too eager to burn bridges to places where we feel are useless to us. Because that person hasn't connected with us in so long... a little "spring cleaning" is necessary. Why?

I don't expect everyone who has crossed my path to reappear, but I think it's a good idea to welcome the opportunity to reconnect with people who have made a positive impact at one point.

Anyway, thank you for bettering the quality of my life.

==

I just finished transcribing the last of my todo list from my old 2009 Moleskin Weekly Notebook to my new 2010 Moleskin that was given to me as a gift from Crazy Aquarious. I'm am currently chatting with him about where we stand and he responded:

it was a possibility in the beginning but I feel like in a dating relationship, we both cant offer what we need......
And I closed that 2009 chapter with a mutual understanding.

=

I spent the day on my Macbook Pro cleaning my iTunes and playing with Grindr on my iPhone. I chime in the new year with upgraded technology.

==

I'm about to change the sheets on my bed and schedule an appointment with my LA Stylist and start the new year with a fresh haircut. A haircut that involves cutting off the bangs that I've worn for most of the later half of 2009 and probably will wear again in the later half of 2010 unless I meet a boy who prefers to see my large Vietnamese forehead at full force.

==

I'm looking at my list of Goals...
...Swim
...Cook
......Love.

Love. Because... I haven't done much of that in 2009. The year before that was full of of hurt. I've somehow protected myself from pain and as a result haven't given myself the opportunity to be vulnerable.

Though looking back, I like 2009. I'm happier, I feel like I'm a better person and have made the right decisions (for once). In 2010, I turn 25 years old. That's fucking crazy.

Thanks for joining my ride.

3 comments:

Vimesh said...

Have an Exciting 2010 ,and am sure you would find some one u love :) and that some one really loves u ...

Gauss Jordan said...

Yeah, I haven't put myself out there either.

I need to go check out more dating sites I think. Or at least make an effort on okcupid or something.

damien said...

Kudos!