Sunday, November 22, 2009

Watching My Youth Fad Away

Last night I found myself among undergraduate gay Filipinos at a nightclub on the pier. As they bumped and grind, shook and shaked, touched... kisss... bent over... basically have sex on the dance floor to the tracks of Lady Gaga, I thought to myself- I'm not disgusted, but rather amazed because at one point this used to be me.

I joked to Ern. "OMG YOUTH, ENERGY!!!!" And it's true. Among these children I am an old man and the "body roll" that I was so pretentiously showing off to my office mates the other day did not come close to matching the rhythmic vibrations that resembled music video love making.

I haven't danced dirty in so long. I haven't shoved anyone against the wall and dancing innocently to the sounds of Rihanna in ages and it's reflecting how much older I've become. I was sad, but realistically thinking that once again it's something you don't return to. Like visiting campus... the strange feeling of, "I miss you... but what am I doing here?"

We have better things to do.

==

Before that I shopped, ate, watched Julie & Julia at the 2 dollar theatre and viewed an improv show with Alysia.

Check check check.

Julie and Julia is a great movie. I feel love with the husband who was uber sweet and selfless. I feel in love with Meryl Streep who is a phenomenal actress and I re-fell in love with food...



I was talking to Alysia about all the good food in Berkeley that I haven't tried. In college, eating well was low in priority. I must return to my college town and sample some flavors. But for now farmers market pizza and Birds rotisserie chicken will fill my stomach.

I'm exhausted.

4 comments:

anhimals said...

OMG where did you get that picture of the two naughty kids?? I am disturbed! LOL

Luuworld said...

haha, i love the pictures of the kids. wonderful!

you are still young. enjoy it while it lasts boy

Will said...

I just saw Julie and Julia too! It was playing on my flight back to the US.

1) Husband guy is really cute! Where is he from?

2) I found the Julie character/storyline really boring, and I found it really hard to sympathize with her.

3) Meryl Streep is a GODDESS. I love her. I also love Stanley Tucci.

After watching that, I got home and cooked a boeuf bourguignon. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

I am not going to be original this time, so all I am going to say that your blog rocks, sad that I don't have suck a writing skills