Sunday, November 29, 2009

Busted

It's good to do a Google search detox from time to time. Once again I discovered that my blog was linked searching my full name in quotes on google.

Now, I ain't no Tiggah Tigz exposing my junk, but there are some things that I write that I don't want to be associated with my full unique name.

I recommend that you spend time googling your name to see what pops up. Once you find something undesirable, you can submit a request to remove it from the search by visiting here:

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/removals

But the change needs to be made from the source url first.

Why the paranoia? I'm just realizing that this is public space and we all need to be cautious.

In addition to being cautious, I also have removed a couple of entries... so if you want the uncensored versions I recommend subscribing ;] to my RSS feeds.

I guess the point is not to get BUSTED. A little exposure is good, but you don't want to be BUSTING at the seams GIRLLLLLL. Roll on!

5 comments:

Will said...

Yeah I've been thinking about doing the same thing. I dunno. I want my archives to still be useful to other people going through the same thing as me, but I don't know if I need to have all the details right there forever.

thwany said...

onsd = oh no she didn't

thwany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mich said...

i did the exact same thing last week. i told my friend to google me if he only knew my name, college, and email (basically stuff on my resume). he didn't find much - good thing my name is so boring.

Gauss Jordan said...

That's why I picked a pretty unique but oddly-common pseudonym... though apparently you were able to cyberstalk me on okcupid, lol. That was mildly creepy, but I'm OK with that now. That at least don't have my real name on it.