Saturday, August 22, 2009

Letopho is NOT Sophisticated


This morning I woke up for wine tasting with my coworkers. I missed Sunset Junction Street Fair with Alysia for a tour of Temecula wineries.

When we arrived at the first vineyard, I was poured some wine to taste. Without knowing what to do, I downed it like a shot and then quickly realized that wine is a sipping sport. Some folks called me out, I was embarrassed. It didn't help that I was hung over from West Hollywood the night before and all I could really "taste" was the burning sensation.... but I managed.

I wasted a lot of wine, I was glad I was given the option of dumping what I didn't like. So wasteful.

After sampling 5 different wines from 3 different vineyards (EACH!) and getting a lesson on how to aerate the wine to get flavor, I concluded that... I am not a wine person. Period. There is no pretending.

The best thing that I tasted was ... the water I had with my lunch. And I was craving fast food all day.

But I did enjoy the cheese, the view and the amazing weather.


==

Oh and my coworkers teased me for wearing "Cholo Sunglasses." They're fucking sunglasses. LOL. And the ones my grandpa got me from a garage sale! Silly. Though I had fun putting my elbows up and going side to side, "it's cuz I'm from da bay!" I responded.

1 comment:

Gauss Jordan said...

LOL. poor guy. I like going to wine tastings, wine / cheese parties, and so on. You can at least pronounce "Prosciutto," right?

I'm not a wine snob -- or a beer snob (I know both) -- but I do know what I like from certain vineyards. :-)