Saturday, September 20, 2008

Good Things to Come

I'm excited because things are turning around.
I found my glasses under my cousin's couch and I got an interview to be an intern for an international marketing firm in Vietnam.

EEE!
Both times I jumped for joy! You don't understand HOW perfect this is.
It's a clear sign that leaving this country was, dare I say it? Meant to be.

==

As I'm getting ready and juggle with people's schedules, I realize that I my friends care about me a lot... may be too much. They take care of me, that's no doubt.

Szeto said that I bring sunshine to the states. I'm like.. wow is my forehead THAT shiny?

This is what I learned during my couple of last days in the US:

1. Asians gravitate toward Joe because Joe is also Asian
2. People have different definitions of ERECTED
3. Chuck-E-Cheese prizes SUCK and it's not worth claiming your tickets
4. Washing cars IS SEXY!



5. Guys in heals don't look good unless they have the entire ensemble
6. Diana is my spiritual muse when I scream AEROSMITH songs!
7. We look good together


9/10. My boys will travel to me and play with me even if they are exhausted from participating in my shenanigans. They also manage to kick my ass in board games even though they are unconscious.


11/12/13.Sometimes I don't always make people smile.


14. Pizza on a balcony after a $7 taxi ride home after a night of partying is so FREAKING delicious.
15. I should observe others facial expressions before I decide to ruin a good photo by acting "cool"


16/17/18/19. All You Can Eat Mongolian BBQ on El Camino is like Mongolian BBQ at the mall, except, you're not at the mall. Skating in Milpitas is REALLY crowded. Santa Clara to Milpitas is a complicated drive.



20. The last thing I learned is: I'm going to miss everyone, but it's time for me to take care of myself.

==
I busted a NUT when they did the Cupid Shuffle at the Skating Rink. Aww, Smyr joined me!

I'm in red, Smyr is in BLACK! Yeah, for some reason skates me look sort of big.

==
Follow my Adventures by joining my TWITTER: http://twitter.com/letopho

AND

Follow my blog by clicking the "Follow My Blog" link on the right column above my YELP icon.


===

My flight is tomorrow at 1 in the afternoon, I must sing more Vietnamese Karaoke to practice my accent!

Hopefully I come back a better person, a stronger person and an inspired person. Wish me luck!!


<3,
Letopho

2 comments:

Katie said...

Good luck with everything, Chris! It's going to be a great adventure, and if you don't come back, you're giving all your loving friends a family and fantastic reason visit someplace they might not ordinarily think to go. I would sure love to see Vietnam! :D

Be safe. Be happy. Do good.
love you!

Alex C. said...

I wish you the best of luck on this new adventure of your life!