Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Door to Door

This cute lady who looked to be in her mid 20s was selling strawberries door to door.

"They are fresh, just picked today!" Her voice we young and high. She wore a large hat to protect her from the sun. She was polite, persuasive, not pushy.

"How much are they?"

"20 Dollars for the box, 10 for half." I couldn't help but fall in love with her gracious charm and her slight Spanish accent.

"I'll take half," as I went to get money, she cut the box in half with a pocket knife. She didn't seem tired- this is what she does for a living. As I gave her the money I reminded her to drink water because it was as hot as hooker outside. I wanted to offer her something, but I didn't have anything in the fridge. She walked away and pushed her cart toward the next house hopeful to get another sell.

I hope she get's a fair percent of the 10 dollars I handed her. But sometime tells me that she'll get a mere fraction.

3 comments:

mich said...

what a creeper. taking pictures of ladies behind screen doors.

CUT SLEEVE BOY said...

wow i love how you took a picture of her as she was leaving. and i hope so too =).

thwany said...

supporting locally grown and sustainable food is not only good for your wallet, but also for the environment.