Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Shirt Spoke to Me

Yesterday at the mall I walked into Banana Republic.

I immediately gravitated to a button up shirt that had orange, brown and yellow stripes. The shirt in front of me was the perfect size and when I put it on I felt like a million bucks.

I looked at the price tag: $69.00. That would make it the most expensive shirt that I own. I looked at Mony for advice. "Don't get it." "But I like it." "Then get it, done."

I was only mildly hesitant and examined the shirt. I found a loose thread. If I'm going to drop 70 bucks, it has to be perfect. I went to find another shirt, but the one in my hand was the LAST small.

I went to the register to pay. "$54." I was confused.
"Hey guys! It was 20 bucks off!" Apparently there was a sale...

it was meant to be.

(Trying out the goatee look.. and I still have a subtle faux hawk)
=============================================================

It's rare that I find clothes that I see and immediately like.

I realize that I go through phases

Tie Phase- Back in high school... I have like 30 ties, most of which are hideous
Bermuda Shorts Phase- They are SO ugly, I must have them
Board Shorts Phase- I have a full rainbow (minus orange, and my green went missing)
Cool Socks Phase- Why neglect my feet? And Szeto impresses me with his footwear
White Jeans Phase- Jackie Chan can pull it off, why not me?
Basket Ball Shorts Phase- I like looking sporty.

I realize though, that I'm impressionable when it comes to clothes. If someone says it looks good on me, I'll buy it (if the price is right). My cousin got me a shirt from H&M that she loves. ALL my boys thought I looked like a hot tranny mess. I bought a shirt that TonyIDM liked... and no one else really liked it either. Hmm, and I was starting to believe that I have NO taste is clothes what so ever... besides the clothes from Middle school that I still wear. But this Banana Republic Shirt proves otherwise.

I feel sexy in it.

=========================================================
Below are my favorite articles of clothes.
Shorts from Target.
The Shirt from Banana
Shorts from Aeropostle (I wore them out so much there are holes in the ass = x)
Tshirt from Vietnam

2 comments:

dannie said...

the shirt looks big on you.

letopho said...

Dannie: You're a Debbie Downer.