Thursday, May 15, 2008

I Can Take Care of It...

My short attention span has allowed me to distract myself so that I don't think about Michelle so much...here is what else is on my mind.

But... PLEASE REGISTER! http://projectmichelle.com/ And come to my drive on May 24th.

Today my boss called a meeting. He said that we need to reorganize our publications. After he presented the project he said, "who wants to lead this?" Everyone ducks and avoids eye contact. I raised my hand and confidently stated, "I can take care of it" and nodded my head. My boss responded, "I don't think you can Christopher.... John... can you take care of it?"

FUCK YOU.

================================================================

No Hip Hop Policy?!!?!?

Last Saturday I hit the gay bars of San Jose. We checked out Splash because they were playing hip hop. I love this venue, but holy geezus the people there were classless. I'm saying. It was baggy shirt, stained jeans, braided greasy hair night. But the music was sweet.

We bounced to Hunters in search of some place where we wouldn't have to worry about getting jumped. Hunter's is a new gay bar and dance lounge, but fuck I hate the music so much. It's like this http://homestarrunner.com/sbemail45.html . HOW DO YOU FUCKING DANCE TO THAT?!?!?!??!?!?!? And it's stereotypical gay music. I was screaming to the Middle-aged Lesbian DJ to change the music. My friends were laughing at me cuz i was getting so flustered because here we are at Hunters. The people looked better, but the music was shitty and repetitive. Luckily, the DJ was putting in some requests and I got DOWN the last hour with my girl, Beyonce... WHAT?! I shouted to Mony, "COME dance with me, they're playing GOOD MUSIC!" I let the entire club know what good music was and cheered.

MoAny of course made about four new friends with his fuck-me face and aggressive dance style. I'm really glad I have friends that dance.

When the club closed, I went up to the bartender and asked him about the music. He told me that they don't usually play music like that... "We have a no Hip Hop Policy.... we are a Madonna electronic music sort of club" WTF?! You mean a ... "GAY Club?" You mean wave-your-body-rhythmlessly, touch-yourself-and-look-awkward sort of CLUB?!?! Ridiculous. Hip Hop music is the BEST music to dance to, you know the beats you know the lyrics. You know when to dip low, when to jet your arms in the air when they say, "ballin'!" It's like when you dance in your car, but this time in public and with friends. I just don't get how people can dance to electronic music when it's just.. dun dun dun dun dun dun lal allalla touch me dun dun dun dun dund dun. It's so freaking stupid and ONE gigantic long boring song.

GAH! I HATE HATE HATE HATE ELECTRONIC/GAY MUSIC!!!!!! Unless I'm cleaning, that shit makes me want to spray windex and get those specs off my dirty window.

1 comment:

Stanza said...

I just don't get how people can dance to House music when it's just.. dun dun dun

Well to answer your question electronic dance music is synonymous with the drug taking culture. I don't think one would be too overly concerned about dance moves when they are too busy getting off their face.

Sadly, they also don't realise that they are being receptive to the most cheesiest commercial rubbish that is produced for the lowest common denominator.

My $0.002 :)